Monday, March 1, 2010

Treasures in the cellar

Not many houses in Texas have basements and the ones that do are usually creepy. Our little basement is no exception! We removed several bags of garbage and then began exploration of the tiny closet under the steps. It was so much fun! We were having a great time as Bob would bring up treasure after treasure! Everything from jars of ancient fuel oil to antique depression glass. It was dark and we didn't have a flashlight so Bob excavated most of the closet by feel. As he got deeper and deeper into the closet he quit when he could no longer identify what he was feeling. I ran home and got a flashlight and he was able to retrieve the final boxes of glassware. You can see the pics of all of the juice glasses. They are adorable and plentiful. I don't know what "cheese glasses" are but I will look into it. It was a fun day and tomorrow I will be up to my elbows in dishwater!









3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh that is so cool!! i love those glasses!! and so many!! crazy...this house is quite the treasure hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I REMEMBER glasses like that! http://www.squidoo.com/swankyswigs

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun that the house came with treasures hidden in the basement! I love houses that have a basement. Those glasses are so cute and I love those big glass jars.

    ReplyDelete